Try reindeer sledding, the oldest means of transportation in the north, with authentic Sami guides from the small family-run company Tromsø Lapland and stay with us for the night in a traditional Sami tent.
This cultural adventure includes approximately 20-30-minutes of reindeer sledding, before you can enjoy a hot meal served in our lavvo-hut while listening to stories about the Sami culture and history. The location has little artificial lighting and excellent conditions to hunt for the Northern Lights. Instead of heading back to the city centre where you might miss a late night dance from the Aurora, stay at this good location in a traditional Sami tent, known as lavvo, and sleep on reindeer hides in winter-insulated sleeping bags. Since you are located a good distance from the bright lights of the city, you can thoroughly enjoy the splendours of the night sky. Allow yourself to become one with nature and replenish your mind and soul on your overnight excursion.
After breakfast the next day you are transferred back to the city.
* All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
* Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled
Number of participants: 2-10 (2-32 for Reindeer sledding safari)
Level of difficulty: Easy / Family
Not suitable for wheel-chair.
• Scenic transfers (45 min each way)
• Knowledgable English-speaking Sami guide
• Thermal winter suit, warm boots, hat, mittens
• Reindeer sledding (approx. 20-30 min)
• Storytelling and joik
• Hot traditional Sami meal (bidos) and hot drinks. Vegetarian option available on request.
What to bring:
You are back at the hotel at around 09:30 the next day (15,5 hours)
Phone: +47 918 57 635,
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(