Try reindeer sledding, the oldest form of transport in the north, with authentic Sami guides from the small family-run company Tromsø Lapland. During your visit you will also experience feeding the reindeer, Sami food, storytelling, cultural artifacts and joik
Enjoy the peace and quiet from the nature around as you relax on the gently reindeer-pulled sled.
Allow yourself to become one with nature and replenish your mind and soul on your daytime outdoor excursion with us. The camp is established and run by only authentic Sami people with long reindeer herding traditions. You will get up-close and personal with our beautiful animals as you allow them to take you floating across the snowy landscape (approx. 20-30 mins). Our expert guides will inform you of the ancient lifestyles of reindeer herders, as you explore the land in the same way we have for centuries. By taking part in this daytime excursion we hope you will be charmed by the fascinating reindeer and find that you love our gentle but curious and furry creatures just like we do - Our true hero in the Arctic
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
* Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Sami Culture instead (NOK 995 per person)
Number of participants: 2-32
Level of difficulty: Easy / Family
Not suitable for wheel-chair.
Duration: 4-5 hours
• Scenic transfers (45 min each way)
• Knowledgable English-speaking Sami guide
• Thermal winter suit, warm boots, hat and mittens
• Reindeer sledding (approx. 20-25 min)
• Storytelling and joik
• Hot traditional Sami meal (bidos) and hot drinks. Vegetarian option available on request.
What to bring:
Phone: +47 918 57 635,
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(